Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day.
Ensuring the delivery of valuable solutions and quality that comply with the highest quality standards for Gall & Gall’s Data Lake platform.
Being a Tech Lead for the AH Technology and especially at our Gall & Gall domain, means you are technically responsible for Gall & Gall’s Data Lake. You will act as the stream lead for AH Technology’s generic platform, called Thor. Thor is a state of the art, scalable data platform, meant to serve all of AH future data needs. You will participate in standups and refinements, come up with application and data architecture solutions, build code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, coach junior team members and manage deployments.
As the Tech Lead Data Lake you will translate the roadmap to valuable tech solutions and will contribute to the initiation of new initiatives. Just like a kind of Solution Architect if you will. In this awesome role you will also provide feedback on the technical standards and guidelines, taking into account the Enterprise Architecture and you will give clear guidance to both business and development teams. You will/can have weekly’s with Gall & Gall’s Head of Tech.
On weekly basis you will have Architecture and Technological deep dive sessions with your peer Tech Leads. From day to day you will work closely with the Business Product Owner, responsible for the requirements, to identify the non-functional requirements that you need to manage. Your efforts as an SME on Data will help the teams to deliver outstanding results. More specifically, as Tech Lead Data Lake you will:
- Design, build and manage all of Gall & Gall’s data pipelines, both batch and real-time;
- Design and co-develop architectures for new product applications (data, infrastructure, privacy and security);
- Understand the integration architecture and business process architecture;
- Be a valued team member, who coaches, facilitates and removes obstacles;
- Put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible;
- Ensure this is done using the most efficient and effective process; Form a team with the Product Owner;
- Work closely with the Tech Lead MDM, Data Engineers, Testers, peer Tech Leads and Head of Tech to design the future of Gall & Gall's Data Lake and other stream leads for AH Technology's Thor platform.
Your new office
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “We’re always there for you,” and with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone, and by making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you become part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department-transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech, to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.Curious about your colleagues?
At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate.
You will work in the Gall & Gall Tech domain. This department has about 45 members of staff and various teams, with 6 members on average in each team (but this changes from time to time). You will form a team with the Product Owner and will work together with peer Tech Leads, Architects, Engineers, Data Scientists, Analysts, Testers and Head of Tech to design the future of the Gall & Gall platforms.Are you going to help us to continue to build a successful IT organization? For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue to monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam. There you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place through video calls.
Dit bieden we jou
We do we offer?
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross salary up to € 85,000;
- A bonus on top of your salary;
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Flexible working hours;
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%;
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone.
Dit breng je mee
At AH Technology, you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new Tech Lead Data Lake for Gall & Gall you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor certificate or Master degree;
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Data Engineer working in a complex (corporate) Technology environment. Experience as a Senior / Lead Engineer is a major advantage;
- Knowledge of Azure, Python, Spark;
- Knowledge and experience on Agile. Certification in one of these areas is not required;
- An outstanding command of English and Dutch;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate people;
- A natural affinity for stakeholder management;
- Experience in the field of Retail Tech and particularly Data Engineering in this domain would be an advantage;
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Apply online before April 1st.
We would also like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for AH Technology?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position, and what kind of skills do you bring for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to AH Technology? Micha Lekawael, Talent Acquisition Partner – Technology, will be happy to tell you all about this vacancy and AH Technology at Micha.Lekawael@ah.nl.