Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
BCG's Principal Investors & Private Equity (PIPE) Practice supports the world's largest firms. We cover the full spectrum of services across the entire value chain from transaction services to transformative profit improvement programs for portfolio companies to strategy and operations work for the funds themselves. We are organized into six distinct sectors: Private Equity, Sovereign Wealth Funds (SWFs), Pension Funds, Hedge Funds, Family Offices and Infrastructure & Real Estate.
Private Equity has been a key focus at BCG for many years and with the establishment of the PIPE Practice four years ago, we have experienced huge and fast growth. With our strong global network and “on-the-ground” experience in all major European and US markets, we are expecting further positive growth and opportunities for the Practice to further establish their platforms and accelerate their careers successfully.
What You'll Do
As a Project Leader or Principal you will have the responsibility for the delivery of consulting projects, leading BCG project teams to enable them to find the right approach, motivate them to deliver on time and to achieve long-term impact for our clients. Each consultant of the PIPE team is typically involved in projects across the private equity value chain. You will drive the majority of the project related client interactions ensuring a constructive collaboration with our clients. Occasionally, you will also lead projects outside your project area as well.
If you join BCG as Principal, you will not only take care of project leadership but also be included in business and client development, collaborating with and supporting our Managing Director & Partners.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading the day-to-day execution of consulting projects and ensuring successful delivery of client requirements within the scope of the engagement; including:
• Owning the project planning and process management, and communicating progress to clients and BCG leadership
• Driving development of the content, either directly or by providing guidance to the consulting team (for example, by sharing ideas, frameworks or providing input on research and analysis)
• Managing the client relationship on a day-to-day basis
• Managing project scope and maintaining an acceptable pace of work
• Actively managing multiple client and stakeholder relationships
• Leading senior client presentations and meetings
• Providing apprenticeship and coaching to associates and consultants to help develop their consulting skills, including sharing knowledge and experience, giving frequent feedback and creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow
• For Principals: contributing to business and client development efforts of our Managing Director & Partners, including preparation of proposal documents and attending pitch presentations etc.