- Qualification as a lawyer
- 5+ years of professional experience with one or more of a law firm, in-house legal department, or organization with a privacy and data risk management focus
- 2+ years of practical operational experience in privacy, preferably with global or multinational experience
- Strong background in information security and technology; Other compliance and/or legal experience in areas closely connected to privacy (e.g., technology transactions, cybersecurity, or intellectual property) or in specific regulated industries (e.g., healthcare or banking) will be considered favorably
- Privacy and data risk management credentials are preferred (e.g., CIPP-E or equivalent)
- Excellent team player with a keen ability to apply business and risk judgment on tight schedules
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear and effective writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to handle high volume of work efficiently, recognize priorities, manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision in a decentralized, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Inspiring team player who collaborates effectively within cross-functional and fast-paced team environment and proactively builds collective knowledge and capabilities
- Pragmatic problem solver who skillfully navigates challenging situations
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will be part of our Global Data Privacy Team and will be based in Brussels, Amsterdam or Düsseldorf. If you are based in other locations in EU/EEA, you will be considered if your experience, background, language skills, and fit are appropriate.
The Global Data Privacy Team plays an important role within McKinsey, and the work is diverse, interesting, and challenging. While working closely with McKinsey's Global Privacy Officer, European Data Protection Officer, other Privacy Team members, members of the Legal Department, and McKinsey’s leaders and client service teams, you will help shape McKinsey’s global approach to privacy and data risk management, including playing a key role in developing and maintaining the privacy program’s strategic, compliance, and governance activities.
As a member of the Global Data Privacy Team, you will be expected to keep abreast of key developments in privacy law, regulation, technology, and best practices in Europe and other regions, and to provide direction as well as day-to-day operational support for McKinsey’s business activities.