Do you want to be part of a best-in-class investment team contributing to managing one of the world’s largest portfolios investing in Insurance Linked Investments? Your interest in and knowledge of applying actuarial methods on natural catastrophe reinsurance exposures may be exactly what we are looking for!
As an Associate in the Credit & Insurance Linked Investments (CILI) team you will be working with an international group of experienced specialists. Your role will be to actively contribute to the investment analytics, the assessment of the Insurance Linked Investments portfolio as a whole, and portfolio construction decisions. Over time, you will learn more about all the aspects of making investment decisions, implementation of investments and portfolio management. Ideally, over a number of years you grow into the role of a portfolio manager.
With the combination of training within the team and following specialist courses you will become an expert in catastrophe reinsurance investing. You will be challenged to contribute to a growing portfolio of Insurance Linked Investments that continues to evolve over time.
We offer plenty of opportunities to develop yourself, within the team as well as within PGGM
PGGM is a Dutch pension fund service provider responsible for managing the pensions for different pension funds, their affiliated employers and employees. PGGM’s CILI team is mid-sized and part of the Private Markets division. The CILI team manages € 12 billion across two unique mandates for our client PFZW. One mandate is the Insurance Linked Investments mandate which invests in exposures to natural catastrophe risk, sourced by experts we partner with. The other mandate is the Credit Risk Sharing, which invests directly in credit risk sharing transactions with banks.
We invest worldwide and as a team we look to work together on multiple fronts for both mandates.
The ideal candidate:
- has a master degree, for example in actuarial studies or econometrics
- has strong analytical skills and has at least 2 years experience in actuarial methodologies used in the non-life (re) insurance industry, such as capital modeling, pricing or reserving
- likes an intellectual challenge and is able to get to the essence of complex matters relatively easily and explain it in simple terms to others
- is an open personality with well-developed communication skills
- has the ambition to develop within this role and the CILI team
- can write and speak English fluently